Are you passionate about following design trends? Do you want the opportunity to work with distinctive product? Mud Pie is looking for strong individuals to join our award winning team.
Mud Pie designs and manufactures amazingly affordable gifts. Based in Stone Mountain, Georgia, the company is comprised of 3 divisions--Mud Pie Kids, Mud Pie Home and Mud Pie Fashion. Mud Pie is a favorite brand of style-conscious consumers and is available in over 16,000 specialty retailers and department stores around the world. Mud Pie has been in business for 25 years and continues to grow as a leader in the infant, fashion and home gift industry. Tremendous brand equity, on-trend product offerings and our talented staff continue to fuel our success. We believe great people and product create great results. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy a progressive work environment and bring the best attitude and effort to work every day.
Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and achieve productivity objectives and departmental standards while maintaining high levels of safety, quality, accuracy, and team morale.
- Ownership for daily workload and workflow of your department; making adjustments as needed to ensure company/departmental goals are achieved. Enforce SOPs and work processes that optimize efficiency.
- Continuous review, development and improvements of operational processes to ensure inventory accuracy and compliance. Develop and manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to track success and/or recurring problems.
- Collaborate with peers and leaders to develop goals and objectives that align with business requirements. Maintain awareness of the business matters and Company profitability, including budgetary goals.
- Responsible for all departmental reporting, including labor reports, shipping reports, quality log, etc.
- Lead, supervise and train a team (15+) of hourly warehouse associates and their daily activities. Promote teamwork within your department.
- Recruit and retain qualified and motivated workforce. Develop personnel to ensure appropriate back up/successors in all key positions. Coach and groom direct reports for excellence while documenting progress and cross-training to provide adequate coverage in key areas.
- Evaluate employee performance and conduct annual performance reviews for all direct reports; ensure process of tracking and maintaining productivity standards for each associate.
- Handle disciplinary issues and maintaining an environment of respect and accountability.
- Require a “Tour Ready” and safe work area and securing building/operations at end of shift.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and challenging the status quo; assist with strategy development for warehouse ventures.
- Proactively identify safety concerns and promotes a safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned, including responsibility for any other warehouse department or shift.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 3+ years of management experience in a Distribution or Manufacturing environment
- Ability to multi-task; excellent communication and presentation skills
- Possess a sense of urgency and have the ability to prioritize tasks and resources appropriately.
- Strong customer focus (internal and external)
- Adapt sand respond quickly to change
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Promote an environment conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and effectiveness
- Strong commitment to employee development and motivation
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, emphasis on expertise with Excel. MS Access experience is a plus
- Proficiency in ERP systems such as Oracle, SAP, and comparable systems; experience with Apprise preferred
- Experience with warehouse management systems such as Manhattan Associates, Red Prairie, and comparable systems
- Must be able to repetitively lift boxes weighing 40 pounds, with a maximum of 70 pounds
- Must be able to stand and work for long periods (8+ hours)
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, and/or consecutive days as required
- Must be able to work in an environment with varying temperatures
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, night or weekend shift as assigned
Interested candidates should send a letter expressing their interest and qualifications along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Technical Systems Analyst
Mud Pie is seeking a Technical Systems Analyst to join our team and serve as a key resource in business reporting, data maintenance and business process support. The Technical Systems Analyst is responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting applications to ensure Mud Pie’s business processes are functioning properly. This role is also responsible for documenting business processes and translating data into digestible information. Additionally, the Technical Systems Analyst will help streamline and automate processes via integration/technology. This individual should have a strong technical knowledge base and apply those skills to support all Mud Pie departments/systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot enterprise applications, including managing the support process, documenting and implementing resolution
- Document all business processes
- Build reports within business applications (Apprise, WMS, SQL)
- Assist with day-to-day reporting responsibilities, including month-end reporting, sales reporting, etc.
- Data administration: assist in ensuring and maintaining integrity of data throughout the organization
- Track and report all system changes and enhancements
- Maintain and develop system integrations via Jitterbit (IPAAS)
- Oversee business intelligence environment and facilitate the transition of offline reporting to an automated front end based tool (PowerBI)
- Build tools and procedures to automate transactions within the Mud Pie distribution center
- 2-3 years of related experience in an Information Technology related role
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Business or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel and Access
- Experience with enterprise applications and databases (SQL, MYSQL, OracleSQL, T-SQL) is required
- Experience with business intelligence environments (PowerBI, Star Schemas)
- Experience with system integration and interface triage and maintenance
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and analyze significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem solving and reasoning abilities
- Must work well in fast-paced, customer-driven environment with minimal supervision and demonstrate initiative and good judgment
- Ability to work on multiple projects with separate requirements, demands, and user groups simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Experience with PLM or WMS systems a plus
- Ability to streamline and automate existing processes via technology when the opportunity presents
- Experience with object oriented languages is a plus
Interested candidates should send a letter expressing their interest and qualifications along with a resume to email@example.com.