Are you passionate about following design trends? Do you want the opportunity to work with distinctive product? Mud Pie is looking for strong individuals to join our award winning team.
Mud Pie designs and manufactures amazingly affordable gifts. Based in Stone Mountain, Georgia, the company is comprised of 3 divisions--Mud Pie Kids, Mud Pie Home and Mud Pie Fashion. Mud Pie is a favorite brand of style-conscious consumers and is available in over 16,000 specialty retailers and department stores around the world. Mud Pie has been in business for 25 years and continues to grow as a leader in the infant, fashion and home gift industry. Tremendous brand equity, on-trend product offerings and our talented staff continue to fuel our success. We believe great people and product create great results. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy a progressive work environment and bring the best attitude and effort to work every day.
Are you interested in a Mud Pie Internship? Click HERE to find out more!
Inside Sales Manager- Focus Accounts
The Inside Sales Manager supports company focus accounts in coordinating purchase orders throughout the order management and distribution process. The primary responsibility of this role is to grow and drive existing account business as well as prospect and acquire new account business. Focus accounts could be but not limited to region centric and/or international centric. The Inside Sales Manager will be responsible for meeting pre-established sales objectives including customer development and volume goals that promote year over year growth and continued success. This position properly plans account and purchase order to ensure it is processed and executed efficiently. The Inside Sales Manager strives daily to meet requirements agreed upon between Vendor and Customer and exceed account expectation. This position assumes the role and responsibility as the point person for value added services that require ticketing, labeling, and other materials agreed upon between Customer and Vendor. The Inside Sales Manager demonstrates necessary strong cross-functional skills that allow partnership across multiple areas of the business including operations, inventory, customer service, and sales departments.
The Inside Sales Manager reports to the Director of Sale & Customer Experience and works closely with the Customer Service, Operations, Inventory and Logistics, and Distribution Leadership Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setting and executing strategic growth objectives for key accounts
- Coordinating cross functional efforts with other departments to achieve sales objectives
- Direct presentation and sales call preparation for new product presentations and line reviews
- Acting as sales call lead – both onsite and via phone as needed
- Identifying, prospecting, and acquiring new business and new account setup
- Report analysis and monitoring of item performance and facilitate product availability needs for purchase order
- Input and process customer purchase orders
- Uphold operational and organizational excellence in an effort to protect daily and weekly order maintenance
- Understand urgency and potentially 24 hour turnaround time is critical to success
- Utilize reporting to properly plan and prepare custom orders
- Leverage ERP and Warehouse Management System for order maintenance
- Demonstrate ability to schedule custom order workloads to meet committed route, ship, and cancel dates
- Coordinate workload to warehouse and see purchase order to completion
- Evaluate value added service needs such as packaging, ticket, label, etc and order as needed to meet customer requirements
- Ensure value added services are executed to meet order deadlines
- Recognize, react, and resolve scheduling conflicts in meeting order deadlines and requirements
- Partner with inventory and logistics team to ensure product allocation is monitored in an effort to fulfil purchase order needs
- Communicate aged orders and keep account book clean and up to date
- Reconcile EDI errors, important warnings, and chargeback concerns as they should arise; adjust processes to minimize penalties
- Understand International shipping requirements and provide support as required
- Manage vendor agreements, routing and compliance guides, and for national account files; evaluate areas of negotiation to ensure proper purchase order management
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience required
- Experience in the infant, apparel, gift, fashion and/or home décor industries a plus
- Experience in an inside sales or national account management position strongly encouraged
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office specifically Excel and Outlook
- Experience in ERP and/or inventory management systems
- Project management experience in order to meet specific deadlines
- Excellence in leveraging individual analytical skills
- Ability and comfort in proactively pursuing new opportunities
- Strategic thinking and ability to recognize changing account and work demands
- Strength in methodical thinking in order to achieve or exceed a given goal
- Excellent and proper verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and computer skills
- Fosters team environment and can facilitate brainstorming
- Time management and multi-tasking skills. The ability to work at a fast pace on multiple projects at the same time
- Travel may be required 20% of time
Interested and qualified candidates should send a letter expressing their interest with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Product Life Cycle Assistant
Mud Pie is seeking a Product Life Cycle Assistant who will provide support to the Product Life Cycle Manager. We are looking for highly organized and detail oriented individuals with the ability to multi-task and work independently. The Product Life Cycle Assistant will be responsible for performing a wide range of account support activities and will be expected to organize, prepare and communicate all projects and deliverables based on deadlines and schedules as determined by the Product Life Cycle Manager. The ideal candidate must be proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint and demonstrate effective communication skills while working in a fast paced environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and call support to the Product Life Cycle Manager, which includes but is not limited to:
- Presentation preparation
- Compile reports and historic customer sales information
- Complete item set ups and other customer required forms/paperwork
- Fulfill customer requests for product information
- Responsible for Amazon item maintenance and account interaction
- Update and maintain opportunity merchandise lists
- Communicate with external vendors and retailers
- Customer specific performance tracking
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 0-1 year work experience in retail and/or in a sales support position
- Expert level competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing (internally and externally)
- Extremely strong organizational and analytical skills
- Time management /Multi-tasking skills – must be able to work at an extremely fast pace and manage multiple projects at the same time to meet required deadlines
- Ability to pro-actively solve problems within area of responsibility and find solutions independent of the involvement of superiors
Interested candidates should send a letter expressing their interest and qualifications along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mud Pie is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.