Vice President/National Sales Manager
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Reports To: President
The Vice President / National Sales Manager (VPNSM) will report to Mud Pie’s President and have responsibility for growing the Company’s sales to independent channel customers through the development and execution of a sales strategy utilizing an outsourced sales partner organization, targeting expansion within the Company existing customer base and the acquisition of new accounts.
The VPNSM will establish and implement the independent channel sales plan and have leadership responsibility and accountability for the Company’s independent sales team and its performance. The VPNSM primary objectives are to (i) develop and execute an effective growth strategy, as measured by sales growth with existing and new customers; (ii) lead the sales support team and customer service function through day-to-day responsibility for the development and performance of the independent sales team; and (iii) participate in developing the Company’s marketing efforts.
- Leadership and management responsibility for all aspects of the Company’s independent channel sales strategy, function and performance
- Determine sales and marketing strategy and establish sales goals
- Grow sales and enhance relationships with existing major customers
- Identify new target channels
- Direct account planning, revenue forecasting and performance management by sales team region and by Mud Pie division
- Develop reporting tools to effectively monitor territory manager sales performance
- Collaborate with the Company’s existing sales leadership and outsourced sales partner organization to ensure coordination and effectiveness of overall sales efforts
- Direct and plan all trade show sales efforts
- Contribute meaningfully to the development of the Company’s annual operating plans and budget
- Set standards for determining performance levels of employees under VPNSM
QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience, including 3 years of experience selling business- to-business and a minimum of several years of sales management experience
- Proven results attaining sales goals, including solid prospecting skills and track record of developing new accounts and growing sales with existing customers
- Proven understanding of selling and sales management best practices
- Proven sales function leadership and performance execution, including improving and supervising the day-to-day function of a sales organization
- Prior experience in the gift industry and/or retail gift trade, including pre-existing established relationships in the retail trade, strongly preferred
- Strong communications skills
- Driven, proactive, innovative and flexible personality with a strong sense of initiative and ownership
- Base salary commensurate with capabilities and past success
- Competitive benefits package
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer Service Representative
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
- Answer incoming calls, letters, emails, and faxes from Customers and Field Sale’s Managers.
- Key phone orders while introducing new and related products to customers to promote inside sales.
- Key fax/e-mail orders.Assist with payment of accounts verifying all information and process transactions.
- Works as a Customer advocate resolving Customer concerns and logging all calls using APPRISE ERP system.
- Maintain and respond to e-mails and follow-up as needed
- Works as a liaison between Field Sale’s Managers and company as well as wholesale customers and company to successfully process order through the system.
- Addresses various account issues and resolves them to release and expedite orders
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be computer literate - Proficient with Email and Microsoft Office Products including Excel
- 6 months previous customer service or call center experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make good decisions
- Resolve issues in a clear and calm matter
Public Relations Intern
Type of Employment: Part-Time/Full-Time
Reports To: Director of PR
Mud Pie is looking for qualified interns interested in learning all aspects of the fashion public relations field. The intern who fills this position should expect to gain real world experience in the fashion industry and should be committed to high standards. It's essential that applicants to this position have excellent written communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the current media environment.
- Monitor all forms of media
- Write press releases and other materials
- Assist with mailings, print production
- Create interview preparation materials
- Compile contact lists
- Search for press clippings and create clipping reports
- Create or update online content
- Coordinate events
- Screen phone calls
- Create and post to social media outlets
Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media and online blogging. Only candidates proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications should apply. Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator a plus.
Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism