Career Opportunities POSITION: CONTROLLER
ROLE: The Controller will be an integral member of Mud Pie’s management team, and, under the direction of the CFO, will provide leadership, coordination and support for the major areas of financial management within the Company. The Controller will report to the CFO and will work closely with the executive management team to report financial results and assess performance of the business against key metrics. The successful candidate will take ownership of the monthly financial reporting cycle, including executing month end close procedures, as well as building and analyzing operational financial statements and management reports.
- Own the financial close procedure and internal financial reporting: Ensure the accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing of the books. Generate and present required internal financial reporting to include, but not be limited to, the income statement, balance sheet, cash flow reports and other Company specific reporting.
- Enhance financial reporting processes and systems to facilitate management decision-making:
- Provide leadership support for the accounting and financial function of the Company
- Enhance the quality, timeliness and reliability of financials, financial analysis and key performance metrics available to management and investors
- Deliver information and perspective on sales activities and outlook, product and customer level trends and profitability
- Provide on-going review of accounting systems and procedures to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Manage budgeting, reporting and controls:
- Provide sound financial analysis and cost management for current and potential initiatives
- Identify and track key metrics to drive the growth of the business and gain buy-in from management and the entire organization on the relevance and use of the metrics
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Working with the CFO, participate in the annual budget process
- Working with CFO, provide framework and follow-up for management accountability against plans/ budget
- Provide information to shareholders and other constituents as needed
- Support CFO in communications with the Board of Managers and other key stakeholders:
- Assist the CFO in preparation of board presentations. Communicate the financial performance of the company clearly.
- Provide the CFO with improved data and analysis
QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated background in financial reporting and intimate understanding of GAAP, including a proven track record of supervising day-to-day accounting operations and cash management
- Proven success in financial planning, analysis and business reporting
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Driven, proactive, innovative and flexible personality with a strong sense of initiative and ownership
- A four year degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Current CPA certification and/or MBA, while not required, will be considered a plus
Compensation commensurate with capabilities and experience Competitive benefits package
To apply please submit resume and cover letter here.
POSITION: ASSISTANT TECHNICAL DESIGNER – CHILDREN’S APPAREL/WOMEN’S MISSY APPAREL
- Build detailed technical packets utilizing designer flat sketches, tracking garment progress through all stages of the developmental lifecycle.
- Organize and prioritize daily workload of assigned product lines to meet all deadlines.
- Communicate fit intent and construction to vendors through detailed fit comments, pattern diagrams, pattern corrections, and digital images.
- Support Technical team in preparing samples and contributing in fit sessions, identifying potential production, quality, and costing issues and proactively making effective recommendations.
- Measure and prepare all garments with accuracy before fit sessions
- Take fit notes and photos of samples during fit meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or equivalent experience.
- Internship or up to 2 years in apparel industry in Technical Design (including experience with construction, grading and patternmaking)
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Excel/Adobe Illustrator/Web PDM
- Basic understanding of fit, balance and garment construction, fabrics and fabric performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- High level of self-motivation and creative problem solving ability
- Ability to work in high volume department and interact with cross –functional teams
To apply please submit resume email@example.com